Accessibility in Heinäsaari Resort
Heinäsaari Resort strives to take the accessibility perspective into account in all new construction, so that the services would be suitable for everyone in the future. At the moment, however, the majority of the real estate stock was built in 1997 and earlier, so this was not considered enough at that time.
We have the following in Heinäsaari, and the facilities are partially suitable for disabled with an assistant:
- The reception and cafeteria located in the main building are on one level and the terrace is also accessible.
- The main building has an disabled-equipped toilet and shower room.
- In the second maintenance building in the middle of the island, which is used in summer, there is also an disabled-equipped toilet and shower room.
- The shower area of SAUNA 1B is disabled equipped.
- The accommodation facilities (cottages and sheds) are not equipped for the disabled. However, one cabin (Cabin 2) has a ramp. Traditional cabins are small, but a few are easily accessible by car.
Please note: The doors of the buildings are not automated, so an assistant is needed. Otherwise, it is fairly good to move around the island with an assistant, both in a wheelchair and with a stroller. Caravan pitches are possible to reserve in advance near the service buildings.